Children are an important patient segment for Access Afya. Too often at our clinics, we saw children coming in to treat reoccurring, preventable sickness or we saw parents taking their children to us when it was too late to manage a primary level. Healthy Schools is our response to this.
Healthy Schools is a field-based care program that gets health services and information directly into schools in Nairobi’s informal settlements.
Each child in the Healthy Schools program has essential treatment, prevention and insurance:
- Regular check-ups in schools
- Regular phone calls to parents
- Regular deworming
- Health Club membership for healthy lifestyle education
- Free follow-up care at Access Afya clinics
- Hospital Cash and Fire Insurance policy