Access Afya is growing and looking for an enthusiastic marketing professional to join our team. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and organized with a sincere interest in developing and building long term relationships in the communities we serve.
Access Afya is a client-centered organization that provides high quality health products and services to clients with poor health options. We work in the informal settlements, and have a mission to get health to the people that need it the most. We have three clinics serving over 10,000 patients and a suite of “primary care as a service” offerings that bring health professionals, services and medicine where people already spend their time. We are expanding and planning both drive the depth of our reach within the communities we serve, while also entering new markets.
The Marketing Manager will drive all marketing activates, owning and adapting the long-term marketing strategy for the company, managing all marketing events and activities and strengthening brand equity and awareness. He/she will work closely with the management team, understanding business strategic priorities and goals, with the community outreach and business initiation leads, and with our network of community health workers.
- Develop and maintain key marketing infrastructure such as customer profiles and market overviews.
- Analyse and interpret data and plan for new and needed data collection.
- Develop and implement marketing plans that deepen our reach into our current markets for our clinics, school, and workforce health programs.
- Measure and grow brand equity and awareness.
- Work closely with the Expansion Director on evaluating and developing marketing and communications plans for new communities.
- Analyse and report on effectiveness of tactics, incorporating learning into new plans.
- Coach and grow the current team involved in marketing and communications.
Listening is a key to this role. Your job will be to listen to current and potential clients, understand their wants and needs, communicate them to the management team, and develop communication strategies that will resonate with our target market. We want you to love our clinics, and want current and prospective clients to love them too. You should be excited to roll up your sleeves and spend time experiences our programs and services, and embody the mission and vision of Access Afya when in the field.
- Experienced marketing professional with strong understanding of marketing concepts, ideally able to speak to time spent in independent and demanding roles.
- Experience systematically planning and implementing a multi-channel marketing strategy
- Exhibits an appreciation for data, and able to track and measure effectiveness of marketing strategy and recommend changes based on data
- Experience in managing a team and possession of leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated focus on customer needs and enhancing customer experience
- Possesses an independent and resourceful nature while structured and systematic in approach
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
Access Afya is committed to the career development of our team. You will have an internal mentor, a team of people driving towards the same organizational goals, and will also have the opportunity to work with external professional development trainers, who work regularly with Access Afya. Upon starting your time with us, we will work with you on a career development plan. As a growing company, there will be room to take on new responsibilities.
Job location is Nairobi, Kenya. The Marketing Manager will spend time at Access Afya HQ with substantial time in the field. Competitive market compensation and benefit package will be discussed during the interview process.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and a statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every four months, Access Afya takes on a new team of 3-4 interns to stay for 3 months time starting January, April, July, and September. This position is for four days a week and can work with you and your schedule if this position could be the right fit for you.